The COVID-19 crisis has forced us to re-evaluate many aspects of our life, including the ways in which we receive important healthcare treatments. Hospitals and doctor’s offices are running at max capacity, making it challenging for all individuals to receive medical care in a timely manner. Due to these circumstances, telehealth services may be the best way to receive medical treatment right now.
The attorneys at Johnson & Biscone are committed to helping you make a full recovery after suffering a personal injury. While this largely involves fighting for the compensation you deserve, we also feel it’s important to help you secure the important medical treatments necessary to heal. In these unusual times, we believe telehealth is often an excellent place to start seeking out healthcare after your injury.
Why Should I Use Telehealth Services?
Telehealth services offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Eliminates transportation time and costs – Avoid spending money on gas, parking or public transportation. You’ll also save a lot of time when you don’t have to travel to and from the doctor’s office and sit in the waiting room before your appointment.
- Avoid taking time off work – Most people have to take a few hours off work for a doctor visit. You will avoid this problem when you use telehealth. Simply schedule your appointment for a time that is convenient for you, such as before work, during your lunch break or after work.
- Reduced risk of exposure to new illness – This benefit is particularly important during the COVID-19 crisis. Many doctors are seeing a significant number of COVID patients, which significantly increases your risk of exposure to this potentially deadly disease. Telehealth allows you to receive treatment recommendations for the safety of your own home, eliminating the increased risk of COVID-19 exposure found in a doctor’s office.
- Ability to treat a wide range of conditions – With so many doctors offering telehealth services, you are able to speak to a physician with the training necessary to address your specific health issue. While you won’t be able to treat every condition with telehealth, you have the ability to receive assistance with a wide range of problems.
- Access to the best specialists – You may need to drive long distances to receive treatment from a specialist. Telehealth eliminates this issue and provides you with access to specialists from all over the country, allowing you to speak with the leading medical experts who treat your condition.
Contact our Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorneys
If you’ve suffered an injury due to the negligence of another, we can help. Please contact Johnson & Biscone using the form on this page or call 405-232-6490 today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We serve clients in Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman and the surrounding areas of Oklahoma.