The spinal column is responsible for your body’s mobility. Unfortunately, critical structures connected to the spine in the back and neck are two of the most common areas to suffer trauma in an accident.
Whether you were injured at work or hurt in a car accident, Johnson & Biscone, P.A. can provide qualified assistance in your time of need. Please call 405-232-6490 for a free consultation. Our attorneys serve all of Oklahoma City and nearby areas including Norman, Edmond, and more.
Types of Neck and Back Injuries
In some cases, back and neck pain will resolve on its own. However, many injury victims suffer severe and chronic pain and loss of function in the neck and/or back after a traumatic event.
Examples of serious neck and back injuries our clients report include:
- Whiplash: Caused by sudden back and forth motion of the neck; commonly occurs in car accidents
- Neck and back sprains: Soft tissue gets twisted and can even rupture, causing severe pain and diminished movement
- Disc injuries: A slipped, bulging, or herniated disc affects the spongy areas sitting between the vertebrae of the spine, resulting in pain, weakness, tingling, and numbness at or below the site of the injury
- Pinched nerve: Nerve pain and diminished sensation that occurs when a nearby structure (such as a slipped or bulging disc) applies pressure
Symptoms of these neck and back injuries don’t always present at the scene of an accident. In addition, X-rays don’t detect soft tissue damage, so even qualified medical personnel can miss the injury on initial exam.
One of the most important steps you can take in order to preserve the integrity of your personal injury case is getting a full record of all of your injuries. Attorneys at Johnson & Biscone, P.A. will review your medical records and discuss the next steps for pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Serious injuries and accidents can also result in vertebrae fractures and other damage to the spinal cord. Injuries to the spinal cord are often devastating. Spinal damage can cause:
- Total or partial paralysis
- Loss of sensation in the arms, hands, legs, and/or feet
- Muscle spasms
- Impaired breathing, digestion, and/or sexual function
Spinal cord injury often requires extensive, possibly lifelong medical care and rehabilitation. The costs -- financial, physical, and emotional -- for the affected individuals and their families are extreme.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Back or Neck Injury
Attorneys at Johnson & Biscone have experience pursuing justice on behalf of clients who have suffered debilitating injury to the back, neck, and spine. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including hospital treatment, surgery, and home care
- Adaptive devices like wheelchairs and braces
- Household and vehicle modifications
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one suffered a back or neck injury on the road, at work, or anywhere in the Oklahoma City area, Johnson & Biscone, P.A. can help. Call 405-232-6490 for a free consultation. Our attorneys serve clients in Edmond, Norman, and nearby areas of Oklahoma.