Pain is the usual outcome of any accident. When it comes to physical, mental, emotional, and financial dimensions, severe burns take an enormous toll on injury victims and their families.
Attorneys at Johnson & Biscone, P.A. have more than 90 years of combined experience in personal injury law. If you or a loved one suffered burn injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, call 405-232-6490 for a free case review. Our law firm serves clients in Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond, and nearby areas of Oklahoma.
Causes of Burn Injury
Burns can originate from a number of sources, from fires and hazardous chemicals to steam and electrocution. Most people will suffer some form of minor burn injury in their lives, such as a sunburn or contact with a hot stove, but other sustain debilitating burns in incidents stemming from the negligence of another party.
Johnson & Biscone has experience representing clients who have sustained burn injuries stemming from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Defective products
- Workplace injury at a construction area, oilfield, or other job site
- Misuse of X-rays and other medical equipment that emits radiation (medical malpractice)
- Premises liability, specifically poor maintenance of a property that results in elevated risk of fire
Our attorneys will investigate all aspects of your case to determine the party or parties who are liable for your injuries. We will build a claim pursuing full compensation for burns and other serious injuries.
Compensation in Your Burn Injury Case
Burns are classified according to severity:
- First-degree: Akin to the average sunburn, these burns affect only the outer layer of skin
- Second-degree: Penetrates the surface of the skin to affect underlying tissue of the dermis
- Third-degree: Sometimes called a “full-thickness burn,” this burn injury penetrates all the way through the skin layers to the fat tissues underneath
- Fourth-degree: The most severe burn, with damage extending to bones, soft tissue, and muscle
The severity of the burn injury will likely affect the recovery in your case. Our attorneys will pursue full compensation on your behalf for damages including:
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, surgery, skin grafts, and more
- Lost income
- Future lost wages; many burn victims suffer loss of mobility and loss of sensation, compromising their ability to make a living
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Expenses for physical and vocational therapy, counseling, ongoing medical care, and other costs
Catastrophic burn injuries and explosions can be fatal. If your loved one died as a result of severe burns, Johnson & Biscone can build a wrongful death case on your family’s behalf and pursue full damages for your loss.
Contact Johnson & Biscone, P.A.
Find out how our compassionate and experienced law firm can help with your case. Our attorneys have extensive experience in matters involving burn injury and other serious trauma.
For a free consultation, please call 405-232-6490 today. Our lawyers serve clients in and around the Oklahoma City area, including Norman, Edmond, and other nearby communities.