Injury & Accident Attorneys Serving Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman & All Of Oklahoma
Practicing law came naturally to Emily Biscone. From an early age, she was around lawyers and law books. Her parents instilled in her a strong work ethic and respect for others. Her father and law partner, Joseph C. Biscone II, says Emily has a strong moral compass, and anyone who has seen her in the courtroom knows the passion she brings to her work. She has developed a strong reputation as a litigator and advocate for injured workers, never backing away from fighting for what is right.
Born in Oklahoma City, Emily attended Bishop McGuiness High School and received her undergraduate degree in political science from Oklahoma State University. She loves politics, but growing up in the Biscone household, she also developed a strong appreciation for law. Watching her father develop a successful legal practice and do good work for people in need motivated her to pursue law school. After graduating from the Oklahoma City University School of Law, she fulfilled her lifelong dream by joining her father’s firm in 1998. The father-daughter team’s reputation of aggressively pursuing compensation for injured and disabled Oklahomans is known throughout the state. Numerous referrals from past clients and other lawyers speak loudly to their success. As of June 2021, Emily was named a Top Workers' Compensation Attorney in Oklahoma City by "405 Magazine!"
Emily knows firsthand how a workers’ compensation case affects a family. Her mother had severe spine injuries requiring multiple surgeries when Emily was young. She learned how the injury affected her mom and the financial hardship a workers’ compensation claim can bring to a household.
Emily originally focused on workers’ compensation and has expanded her practice to include Social Security Disability. She has developed a reputation across the state as being a relentless advocate for workers’ rights, as well as the rights of Social Security-eligible individuals. She has a strong regard for working people and deep concern for those who are injured or suffer disabilities.
Emily is licensed to practice in Oklahoma state district courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Juris Doctor, 2002
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science, 1998
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- Professional Hockey Players Association, Board of Directors 2013–present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, 2008 to present
- Workers’ Compensation Law Section, Board of Directors 2004–2013
- Workers’ Compensation Law Section, president 2009–2010
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation Law Seminar, speaker 2004