Injury & Accident Attorneys Serving Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman & All Of Oklahoma
Email: [email protected]
As soon as he felt the snap, Joseph C. Biscone knew something was wrong. His years as a professional bull rider finely tuned his senses, and he quickly recognized the shooting pain in his shoulder as torn ligaments and tendons. Injuries are part of the game in rodeo, and Biscone has had more than his share.
Biscone needed months to recover and rehabilitate. The process reinforced his belief in the importance of good health care and confirmed he had chosen the right field of legal practice – workers’ compensation and personal injury law.
At the Oklahoma City University of School of Law, Biscone became fascinated with law and its critical role in society. His strong sense of justice led him to the courtroom and representing injured workers. Biscone can relate to the problems they face, and he’s committed to them getting the care and compensation they deserve.
For over 40 years, Biscone has used his experience to help Oklahomans navigate the often-confusing legal system. Grounded by his strong faith, Biscone is a man of integrity. He has a caring heart, abiding respect for the legal system and enduring commitment to hard work. Biscone has a lengthy record of success for his clients and has become one of the most respected workers’ compensation lawyers in the state of Oklahoma.
As managing partner of Johnson & Biscone, he has a reputation for aggressively pursuing his clients’ claims and getting the most compensation the law allows. Biscone’s passion for the law has been passed down to his adult children as he works alongside his daughter, Emily Biscone, and son, James J. Biscone.
“We talk to our clients. We return their calls. We give personal service. I don’t think many other firms, at least in the area we practice, do that. We are serious about looking out for the people and families we represent. This is all about justice,” said Biscone.
When he’s not looking out for injured workers, Biscone still competes in team roping events. He brings the same tenacity and enthusiasm to the courtroom that he does to the rodeo arena. Joe knows the ropes and is dedicated to his clients.
That’s why injured Oklahomans trust the man in the hat and boots – the cowboy lawyer, Joseph C. Biscone, II.
Johnson & Biscone, P.A.
The Hightower Building
105 North Hudson Avenue, Suite 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Oklahoma, 1975
- New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
J.D. – 1974
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
B.A. – 1971
Teaches and organizes the two seminars yearly for Lawyers for Working Oklahomans
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Workers’ Compensation Law (Claimants) - 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers - Fellow, Class of 2022
- Boutique Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year in Oklahoma - Global Law Experts, 2022
- Top Workers Compensation Lawyer in Oklahoma City - 405 Magazine, 2021
- AV Preeminent Rating, Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards - Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Oklahoma Top 10 Attorney - Attorneys and Practice Magazine, 2020-2021
- Top 10 Attorney Award for the state of OK - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc., 2021
- Top 10 Personal Injury Law Attorney List for Oklahoma - Best of the Best Attorneys, 2020-2021
- Best Workers Compensation Lawyer In Oklahoma City - 405 Magazine, 2020
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association Education Foundation Award, 1996, for improving and promoting legal education in Oklahoma
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans Award of Appreciation, 2002, for many contributions and constant support of the organization
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans Golden Quill Award, 2003
- Oklahoma’s Top-Rated Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation Lawyer - LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans CLE Program, Director
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Law Related Education Committee Speaker, 1998 – 2001
- Oklahoma Bar Association : Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, 1999
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, Secretary/Treasurer, 1985 – 1986
- Advocate, Workers’ Compensation Editor, 1988 – 1990
- College of Advocacy, Lecturer and Workshop Leader, 1987 – 1990
- College of Advocacy, Board of Directors 1991, 1994
- College of Advocacy, Advisory Board, 1993
- Annual OTLA Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Planner/Moderator/Speaker , 1990 – 1998
- Managed Care Subcommittee of Physicans’ Advisory Committee for Governor Keating
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans (LWO), Board Member, President , 2005 – 2006, Legal writer for Lawyers for Working Oklahomans, Continuing Legal Education co-chair and co-planner of seminars
- Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), Board Member
- Physicians’ Advisory Committee for the Workers’ Compensation Court Pain Management and Continuing Medical Maintenance sub-committee