Injury & Accident Attorneys Serving Oklahoma City, Edmond, Norman & All Of Oklahoma
James J. Biscone joined Johnson & Biscone, P.A. following graduation from the Oklahoma City University School of Law. Biscone is licensed to practice in all Oklahoma state courts, the Oklahoma Supreme Court, each federal district court in Oklahoma, and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. His practice focuses on personal injury, workers’ compensation, and Social Security Disability.
At a young age, James was fascinated with the church, people, and school. He loved to learn and to spend time outside, frequently team roping at various rodeos and roping events with his father, Joe. But even then, he knew what he wanted to do for a living.
“I have always wanted to be a lawyer, a difference maker,” says Biscone. “I was not always sure where I would end up or where I would start my career, but I definitely saw myself as a licensed officer of the court.”
James grew up in Mustang, Oklahoma, the son of Kathy Biscone and Joseph C. Biscone, II. He played basketball through high school and continued playing at Oklahoma City University. Biscone says that while other opportunities have presented themselves, he has always been pulled toward the law.
“I had an extreme fascination with the power of the written word, and I wanted to pursue a career where articulation and intelligence met. I wanted to be placed in a position where my efforts could help another person find relief when they needed help the most,” Biscone says.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy at Oklahoma City University in 2013, graduating Cum Honore and Magna Cum Laude. He was a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Blue Key National Honor Society, and Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society.
After completing his undergraduate degree in three years, Biscone accepted an academic merit scholarship to the Oklahoma City University School of Law. While at OCU Law, he was a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society for academic merit and earned multiple distinctions including Faculty Honor Roll, Dean’s List, and the Award of Accomplishment and Certificate in Legal Research Skills.
Biscone was the first graduate of Oklahoma City University’s Oxford Plan, completing his B.A. and J.D. studies in six years. He graduated Cum Laude in 2015 with a Juris Doctor degree.
As a licensed legal intern with the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s office, Biscone gained valuable experience in misdemeanor and felony cases ranging from arraignment to jury trials. He chose to continue the family legacy and experience private practice by joining his father and sister, Emily, at Johnson & Biscone.
Biscone takes seriously the obligation to practice law with high ethical standards and respect for the legal system. He adds:
“There are few professions where a person can have a far-reaching impact on lives. I want to practice law the right way, as an ethical and relentless advocate for what is right. I want to fight for my clients and to achieve the results that they deserve.”
Areas of Practice
- Personal injury
- Workers’ compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Oklahoma, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cum Laude, 2015
- Oklahoma City University
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science and Philosophy
Magna Cum Laude, 2013
Honors & Awards
- Boutique Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year in Oklahoma - Global Law Experts, 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Workers' Compensation Law (Claimants) - Best Lawyers, 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Personal Injury Litigation (Plaintiffs) - Best Lawyers, 2022
- Top Personal Injury Lawyers in Oklahoma City - 405 Magazine, 2021
- Top 10 Under 40 Attorney for the state of Oklahoma - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Workers' Compensation Law (Claimants) - Best Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Personal Injury Litigation (Plaintiffs) - Best Lawyers, 2021
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys' Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, 2020
- American Academy of Attorneys' Top 40 Under 40, Personal Injury Law
- Oklahoma City University’s 30 Under 30 Alum Honoree, 2017
- 30 Under 30 NextGen Award Honoree, 2017
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2019
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division, Board member
- Family Builders, Board member
- Mount St. Mary Catholic High School, Board of Trustees
- United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Board Serve Program, Class IV member
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame Second Century Board, member