Many of his cases have gained recognition locally and nationally.
In 2019, Bryce Johnson and associate attorney Sherman Reed settled a case for $5.7 million for a child and mother who were injured in a collision caused by a truck driver. Johnson and Reed were able to prove the at-fault driver had a history of drug use and his company was liable for negligent entrustment. In another win, Johnson helped an injured man when an out-of-control flatbed trailer crashed into his vehicle, causing him traumatic brain damage. This case was settled for $5.5 million.
Johnson said his passion to help families and people through devastating situations fueled his 30-year career as a trial lawyer. He attended Montana State University in Billings, Montana, receiving his bachelor of science degree in business administration in 1982. He received his J.D. from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 1985.
“When I got out of law school, I felt I had a calling to try to help people involved in situations where they need a voice to help them,” Johnson said. “The ability to help people, to take someone through a difficult situation and show them how the legal system works and walk them through the system, that’s what motivated me to become a trial lawyer. We fight for people’s rights."
He is a member of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, Oklahoma Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice and Leaders Forum.
Johnson is considered one of Oklahoma’s leading personal injury lawyers. He is consistently listed among the “Oklahoma’s Top Rated Lawyers for Personal Injury” by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubble. He was also recognized as one of the American Society of Legal Advocates’ Top 100 Litigation lawyers in Oklahoma for 2017. He has an AVVO Superb rating, and was AV Preeminent rated by peers for accomplishment and integrity in the Martindale Hubble ratings.
Johnson & Associates prides itself on handling cases from the beginning until the end, with each case being thoroughly prepared for trial in order to achieve the maximum results for our clients.
Attorney Bryce Johnson was successful in achieving settlements on:
- $9 million medical negligence case where the client was rendered a quadriplegic after numerous medical care professionals misdiagnosed her condition.
- $5.7 million negligent entrustment case where a company driver with a history of drug use caused major injuries to our clients, including traumatic brain damage.
- $5.5 million in a personal injury case where a driver of a semi-truck pulling a flatbed trailer was speeding during a rainstorm and lost control. The collision caused traumatic brain damage to the client and they were unable to return to work.
- $2.4 million in a personal injury case involving an inattentive driver likely using a cell phone. The settlement reached after a year and a half of complex litigation.
- $1.6 million in a wrongful death lawsuit for the family of an Oklahoma military veteran who died from injuries suffered in a car accident.
- $1.1 million in a personal injury case when an elderly woman suffered a traumatic brain injury and was unable to return to work.
- $1 million in a medical negligence case which involved an unnecessary surgery and long-term complications.
- $650,000 in a motor vehicle accident case when a man suffered a lower back injury and required surgery.
- $600,000 in a wrongful death medical malpractice case involving negligent administration of anesthesia.
- $500,000 in a lawsuit against a landlord in Oklahoma City. The client fell while ascending the stairs and suffered a severe fracture to her arm, which resulted in a need for surgery and long-term pain management.
- $350,000 for a case involving negligence during a pain-management procedure.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Oklahoma Top 10 Attorney Personal Injury Law List - Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2021
Top 10 Best Attorneys in Oklahoma - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2021
AV Preeminent Rating, Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards - Martindale-Hubbell, Judicial Edition 2020 - 2021
Oklahoma Top 10 Attorney List - Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2020-2021
Top 1% of Nation's Top Attorneys - National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2021
Top 10 Attorney Award for the state of Oklahoma - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc., 2021
Top 10 Best Attorneys in Oklahoma - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2020
Best Car Accident Lawyers in Oklahoma City - Expertise.com, 2020
AV Preeminent Rating, Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards - Martindale-Hubbell, 2020 - 2021
Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer - Martindale-Hubbell, 2017-2020
America's Most Honored Lawyers, Top 1% - America's Most Honored, 2020
America's Most Honored Lawyers, Top 5% - America's Most Honored, 2020
Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Oklahoma - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2020
10 Best High Verdict and Settlement Winners in Oklahoma - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018-2019
Oklahoma Top 10 Attorney Personal Injury Law List - Attorney & Practice Magazine, 2018
Oklahoma’s Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer - LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbell
Top One Percent of Attorneys in the United States - National Association of Distinguished Counsel