Many of his cases have gained recognition locally and nationally.
In spring 2016, Johnson and associate attorney Sherman Reed gained a $1.6 million settlement in a wrongful death lawsuit for the family of an Oklahoma military veteran who died from injuries suffered in a car accident. Johnson and Reed showed the driver who caused the collision was fatigued and using a cell phone while driving, which violated his company’s policy and traffic laws.
“This is an issue of public safety. We are hopeful the negligent driver’s company will work to prevent future accidents by reevaluating its safety policy and procedures,” Johnson said. “We also hope this settlement helps bring some relief to the victim’s family.”
Johnson said his passion to help families and people through devastating situations fueled his 30-year career as a trial lawyer. He attended Montana State University in Billings, Montana, receiving his bachelor of science degree in business administration in 1982. He received his J.D. from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 1985.
“When I got out of law school, I felt I had a calling to try to help people involved in situations where they need a voice to help them,” Johnson said. “The ability to help people, to take someone through a difficult situation and show them how the legal system works and walk them through the system, that’s what motivated me to become a trial lawyer. We fight for people’s rights."
He is a member of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, Oklahoma Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice and Leaders Forum.
Johnson is considered one of Oklahoma’s leading personal injury lawyers. He is consistently listed among the “Oklahoma’s Top Rated Lawyers for Personal Injury” by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubble. He was also recognized as one of the American Society of Legal Advocates’ Top 100 Litigation lawyers in Oklahoma for 2017. He has an AVVO Superb rating, and was AV Preeminent rated by peers for accomplishment and integrity in the Martindale Hubble ratings.
Johnson & Associates prides itself on handling cases from the beginning until the end, with each case being thoroughly prepared for trial in order to achieve the maximum results for our clients.
Attorney Bryce Johnson was successful in achieving settlements on:
- $9 million medical negligence case where the client was rendered a quadriplegic after numerous medical care professionals misdiagnosed her condition.
- $2.4 million in a personal injury case involving an inattentive driver likely using a cell phone. The settlement reached after a year and a half of complex litigation.
- $1 million in a medical negligence case which involved an unnecessary surgery and long-term complications.
- $500,000 in a lawsuit against a landlord in Oklahoma City. The client fell while ascending the stairs and suffered a severe fracture to her arm, which resulted in a need for surgery and long-term pain management.
- $600,000 in a wrongful death medical malpractice case involving negligent administration of anesthesia.
- $350,000 for a case involving negligence during a pain-management procedure.
HONORS AND AWARDS
10 Best High Verdict and Settlement Winners in Oklahoma – American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyer in Oklahoma – Attorney & Practice Magazine, 2018
Oklahoma’s Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer – LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell